Sunday, December 7, 2008

SEC Championship Game

We were lucky enough to see Alabama play Clemson in the Georgia Dome this year, so it was only fitting that we go back to see them play Florida in the SEC Championship game. While the result wasn't exactly what we had hoped for, Alabama played a great game and I couldn't have been prouder to be there yelling "Roll Tide" with all my might. I have loved being able to go to the games this year and be a part of this story book season. With 9 seniors, Alabama wasn't picked to do very well - in fact, in preseason we were told we'd be lucky to win half of our games. I guess someone forgot to tell the team that. No one predicted Saban to turn the program around this quickly and I hope that we are back on track to having a successful team each year. We may not always beat Auburn and we may not always make the SEC Championship, but we can play well and show up to every game and play with heart. I think this year's team has displayed what you hope to see in a college football player.

I do have to say Congratulations to the Florida Gators. They played a great game and I hope they represent the SEC well in the Championship game.

So, Alabama gets to go to the Sugar Bowl now....and I've never been to New Orleans. It might be a first time for me...or we may watch from home. No matter what - we'll continue to say Roll Tide and job well done!






No comments: